Thursday, March 01, 2007

Pleasures of this season

The last four months back home was a great learning phase for me. Here are the little pleasures from my daily life that made me feel good.

  • As soon as I take bath in the morning and get ready for pooja, Amma’s tension to keep the pooja things ready – the way she cuts jasmine garland into kutti pieces…:) so that I could do that pooja soon and light deepa quickly and don’t get late to work. :) . I find that very sweet. :)
  • Idly –sambhar tiffin with Appa every evening while driving back from work in his antique Fiat, where appa used to bring the plate to the car itself, without even letting me step out of the car, and that superb filter coffee. :) my all time favorite! What a feeling!
  • My music teacher telling a visitor that I am her oldest student and I sing well. :) Wow! A compliment that came from her mouth, though not directly to me felt great! :)
  • Driving new Alto listening to FM in Kannada.
  • Eating prasadham in the stairs of Raama Mandir with Amma.
  • Relishing hot chilli bajji in Malleswaram Market, yummy!!!
  • My little nephew telling me so innocently that he will fly with me in the aeroplane to Delhi. :)
  • Varun teasing me that he will find me a suitable guy to date who will spend lavishly on me! Cheap! Yet funny! :)
  • Riding my old Scooty in full speed, yet hardly reaching only 40 kms/hr! :)
  • Watching Mungaaru Male in Majestic, Sagar theater with Akka and Amma and listening to people's whistles and claps and dances for every song sequence, dialogues, etc, felt so good and at home, as compared to the lousy movie watching in U.K's luxurious theaters. :)
  • Realizing that Appa was such a child when I shouted at him to take care of his health and he just kept nodding his head. :)
  • The first sight of my new born niece with her irritated and angry expression, exactly like my sister’s face, was mesmerizing. :)
  • My childhood friend holding my hand and telling me, “God! When did you become so mature?!!!” :)
  • My nephew sitting on my left lap when I am practicing music and listening with complete patience – came to me as a shock initially, but now I feel proud of him and his interest!
  • My brother calling me up during riots and asking me if I have reached home safe or if I need to be picked from work. :)
  • Laughing with Appu, almost rolling of the floor when we saw our specially chosen gifts brought from Kenya, by none other than our tribal queen – Shalini and remembering our black magic days!!! :)
  • “What time do you need a call?” :) Will that ever happen again? :)
  • An old friend coming to hospital to see me with freshly prepared Mosambi juice, which I gulped down in seconds! Ooops! :) Dint realize until she told this to another friend the next day! :)
  • Shopping for Sankranthi in commercial street with Varun…:) managing to get a car parking also!
  • Watching the watchman starring at me while scrutinizing Sakshi apartments, 2nd floor and sharing old memories with memoirs. :)
  • Winning free Valentine’s gift in Lifestyle! :)
  • Driving around in Bangalore and passing by the same road where once upon a time I would wait and wait for buses or autos…:)
  • Music class every Saturday morning, what a pleasure! Gives me the ultimate moksha feeling! :)
  • Seeing my nephew eagerly waiting to be carried as soon as I enter the house from work! :) Simply relieves from all my tensions.
  • Stealthily reading my 3 year old nephew’s panchatantra tales in the night with greater interest and speed than ever before! :)
  • Watching my sister’s mother-in-law (who is 80 years old) clapping her hands for almost every krithi of MSS in my car! May be even I will end up like this one day! :) Will I? :)

    I wish and only wish that all the people connected to me in one way or the other, stay happy, healthy, and peaceful all their lives.

3 comments:

Adiya said...

nice basket of memories in a short span. mm and i am sure u can shower/clad ur fragrance where ever u go.

kaartileney varum geetham maathiri

Chiroti said...

That's called DREAM LIFE :) I love life when I am busy without having the time to sit back and think and I have lots n lots n lots of my loved ones around me, with me. Gets stressful most of the times, but I love it. I believe that good times will come back in different forms. :) will wait till then. :)

Adiya said...

Change is the only C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T in life.. and

Change = K and if u get back K for some time then its the memory :)