Thursday, March 01, 2007

Motherhood

After going to Art of Living session last evening, there was definitely a feel good factor and calmness set in me. Listening to Sadhinchane by Balamurli I drove back home with a lot of thoughts on my mind. I went home and was happy to see everyone. I had a good dinner and helped in some house work and was about to crash on my bed. My sister suddenly called me from the room and told me to baby sit her new born son for the next thirty minutes since she was busy with some things. I said okay…since I was tired and it was 00:00 hours already!

My new nephew is a sweet little angel, he is chubby, he is adorable and just too cute almost like a little stuffed toy. The minute she left the room he started crying and I was suddenly woken up from my world and all my senses got activated in a jiffy! I just checked his nappy and it was wet! Phew! I said to myself and started changing his nappy although he continued his crying session. As soon as I finished that and took him in my hands and kept him on my lap, he quitened down immediately and shut his eyes!!! I was shocked and relieved too. Thank God he kept quiet! And then slowly I started humming Gopiya Bhaagya, a raagamalika, starting with behaag, and I kept observing his expressions, I got so immersed in him that I even finished the 4 paragraph song so quickly without even realizing! It felt beautiful…it is an inexplicable feeling to have a baby sleeping in your arms in peace. Motherhood must truly be a blessing is what I felt.

3 comments:

Adiya said...

:) un-explainable feeling. my mom used to feed me till i left india.. thats the ragamalika for me. esp i tortured her a lot.. in all ways. Oh God me a chance to give back some thing grt8 for my parents .. its not giving back for something.. its a counter effect of mother/father hood.. called childhood..



this money settlement think big ambition killing me like hell.

Adiya said...

ur kids are blessed as well. keep holding the same.

Chiroti said...

thanks :)