Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hero Pen!!!

Yesterday, to write something at work, I just took out this old gel pen and like the way we shake an ink pen, I did that and started to write. After finishing, I closed the book and just noticed to my shock that all my fingers were blue in color. There was ink all over!!! Three of my fingers completely stained by ink! I felt so good to see that after aaaaaaaages...!

In childhood, we were not allowed to use ink pens in school till we reached middle school. Using ink pens was as good as holding a piece of jewel for we girls. I used to always eye my akka's pens and meddle with it, till she scolded me to not touch her pen...:( From 1st to 4th standard, we used to use pencils (ofcourse, in that also tonnes of range, natraj, camel, flora, fauna, what not! not to forget pen pencil heheheh!!!). Then the minute we finished 4th exams, pen hunt will start from end summer holidays itself. In the initial days, we would get ordinary ink pen - screw / unscrew types, fill ink with one tube, one huge nib that would always leak and stain paper, hands, uniform! everyday filling ink, showing off in school used to be major activity. Ofcourse, we would carry ink rubber, chalk piece, blotting paper, God! Then after reaching high school, we would get legacy pens, used by akka for 5 years. This pen was the HERO pen! What a feeling it used to be. My handwriting used to be great then! I remember, during exams, we used to get these answer sheets that used to be of such poor quality. Whenever I tried to erase something written using my hero pen, the paper used to tear and then there would be a kutti hole in the answer sheet...hahahah!!! Superb childhood days.

In 10th standard public exam ended that tale of hero pen. I never used it after that. But having ink on my fingers felt great! Try it! :)

3 comments:

Adiya said...

hey. HERO Pen is the dream thing... i guess my dad uses that which he got from Burma Bazaar.. (hope u know what is Burma Bazaar ).. appuram it came to me.. :) in-fact till my MANU days i was using that. only harrish knows that. ;) he started teasing me and again i saved it in my box . :)

rubber pencil, double long pencil ( with hand attached to it ), mickmouse sharpner with rubber ;) etc etc. .. in the pencil pathi oru post vatchu erukan..poduran seeikram :) u published it first ichaa.

and one old rusted, tinned iron box .. :) no wonder we are having the world inside to it..

one half baked chalk piece, 1 1/2 inch pencil without nip, konjam leaded lead pen, one ink pen, one uneven edged scale( 0 to 15 centimeter ) where only 14 letters are visible, trapieum shaped rupper , few coins, few stamps, few flims etc etc. icha super thing.

Chiroti said...

double long pencil with hand attached - hahhaaah!!! remember we used to get them in exhibitions, long long pencils with feather in the end!!! feels like i just dug out a pond and you dug out a borewell of memories!!!

Geometry box - dont forget God's photo stuck on the flip side of the box, as soon as you open! :)

Burma Bazaar - ofcourse! :) great memories.

:) Thanks for your wonderful comments! :)

Hul said...

was watching this vodafone comercial and remembered hero pen...google sent me to your page.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIjwCnE840U