Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Preethiya Bengaluru

The more I go to my hometown, Bangalore, the more I fall in love with the city. For very obvious reasons, that I was born and brought up there? No, not just that. I have been to several places in India and abroad. Compared to most of the cities that I have been to, Bangalore is the best city so far. For the people, who you love at times, and you hate at times; for the traffic that could almost choke you every now and then; for the bad and bumpy roads; for all of these and more - there's something so good about the city. The places, the hotels, the hangouts, the crowd - everything has a class of it's own. I can't wait to see the city having a cool metro running all through. However, I hope the greenery remains intact.

Why do so many outsiders live and thrive in Bangalore? It is because the people are accommodating and soft-spoken. In every small way, I have observed that people try to help each other. Ofcourse, there will be a section which is really bad, but in general the crowd is nice. The food joints, pubs, cafes are simply great. It feels great to see the kannada movie industry doing very well. I simply love some of the kannada songs from the recent music composers like Mano Murthy. The FM radio channels are very good. Most of the youngsters are very smart and know a lot about technology. Bangalore is hip-n-happening, in every way.

Bangalore can definitely boast of very good schooling and education compared to most of the towns in India. You need not even think of going elsewhere until you complete your education in this city. You have all possible opportunities to pursue. Bangalore has some great shopping places, although crowded most of the time, the choice and variety is good. Ofcourse, inflation is an issue in this city. Blame it on IT or politicians, Bangalore is expensive. The minimum auto charge is Rs.14 now! And we can see some great looking double-decker buses in the city now. I simply love the city. While people maintain traditional values, the culture and heritage seems to be intact too. The city has lots of budding young talented singers, musicians, artistes, actors. The music concerts, the dance concerts, plays, drama, fine arts, movies, keep the city going. Alliance'de Francaise and Max Mueller Bhavan have paved way for several international alliances and join to be part of city's pride. Vidhana Soudha and Vikasa Soudha take the crown, standing in the middle of the city. Chinnaswamy Stadium and KSCA are the cricket hubs in the town. I can't express how much I love walking on M.G Road, Brigade Road and in Cubbon Park.

I feel proud of the city and it's people. The only city that has splendid weather all the time which brings a smile on your face as you welcome each day. The only place where I look forward to be all my life, close to my people, my friends and my home. I love Bangalore. :-)

5 comments:

Praveen Krishnan said...

Ramya,

What's up? Long time no news? Tell me anything good about Bangalore and I'll lap it up :-)

Chiroti said...

Hi Praveen, I know it's been really long. I was busy traveling in and out of Delhi all this while. Now, kinda settled. I was in Bangalore in March and April.

Now back to blogging, and my regular routine.

Thanks.

Lakshmi Bharadwaj said...

I know, Bangalore's heaven for us! (Except for the time in the traffic jams)...otherwise, everything is awesome! Especially if you live in old bangalore areas--like Basavanagudi, like me!

Sathej said...

Long time no post..hope things are fine. Looking forward to an update:)
Sathej

Karthik Raghavan said...

Hi,

I TOTALLY understand you when you talk about music. I'm also a music fanatic :)

You forgot to mention the fact that Bangalore is the only place in India to have a top-notch research outfit AND a management outfit. Guess you must be knowing - IISc was ranked the 18th best research university in the world, a few years back!!! IITs were trailing way way behind, at near 100. Even now, IISc is in the top 30 or sth.. And no need to tell about IIM :)

I'm from Chennai, but have many relatives in Bangalore. Love everything about the place except the weather (too cold and still for me. I'm used to the Chennai humidity and heat :D )

Nice to know another person passionate about music :)