Thursday, March 06, 2008

Simran Thirai!

I was so surprised to see my favorite actress - Simran - back on T.V this week! That too on Jaya T.V! I was just browsing the channels and caught this serial on T.V.
I must say a lot of things about this:
  1. Simran - It was a pleasant surprise to see her!
  2. Characters in the serial - Simran - as a girl next door, simple, college-going, voracious reader, lover of books, serious and yet confused about marriage - portrays the character very well. Her body language, style everything seems very casual and impressive.
  3. Simran, I believe has lost a lot of weight to work on this serial. I somehow felt that she was still looking fat, especially in that Maami look in the title song and the orange fire-brigade kind of outfit in the same title song. After being known for her great personality, dancing and acting, Simran excels in everything except her old looks. Her face seems puffy and she needs to look thinner...:(
  4. Simran's Clothes - Are very contemporary. She wears nice and simple salwar kameez, she looks the best in them. Rest, she is mostly sporting jeans and long kurtis, and stoles, that are very much in fashion these days. Most of her kurtis seemed like Westside products. However, I felt she can look much better had her clothes designer worked more on this aspect. She needs to wear more flowy outfits to look thinner and stylish. She has looked so good in most of her films and her clothes have always been very good, mostly enhancing her figure. If she has put on weight, then, to cover her fat, more flowy synthetic garments can be used with a lot of prints. That's what I felt, rather than cotton stiff kurtas for her.
  5. Title song - The lyrics of the song is good and the way it is shot is also very good. The composer of the tune has tried to give the song a very modern and English feel, something like Jillendru Oru Kaadhal title song, Poo Pookkum Osai song - kind of effect. But I felt it was okay. Chinmayi has tried her best.
  6. Simran's family members - The constantly pressurized father, the ever-grumbling mother and the naughty sister - are excellent. One thing I was disappointed was the actor playing opposite Simran as a lead. This guy needs a hair-do so badly. He is so shabbily dressed. I felt a better looking, or atleast a better dressed guy should have been chosen to play opposite such a wonderful actress.
  7. One more thing I was excited about was - it is being shot in Delhi! There are scenes shot in front of India gate, Vinayagar temple, etc where I go normally and it was a treat to watch. The father-daughter chemistry in the serial is also very good.
Overall, the serial has just begun and seems interesting.
Share your opinion if you happen to watch this. Since I love Simran, I will continue to watch this...

No comments: