Saturday, July 28, 2007

Magic in the midnight

It's midnight and I am listening to Meenalochani in Purvi Kalyani raga, its just so beautifully soothing....music is magic...if I am ever born again, my wish is to be born only for music, nothing else...no bondages, no relations, the only bonding should be music....wow...

Sometimes I wonder, all the great people like Sri Thyagaraja, Purandaradasa, did they ever have any desire in life apart from music and devotion...they would have faced so much of critical acclaim from their own people in those days, for denouncing their bondages, their families, their personal responsibilities, all in the name of God. Do you think that would have been a kind of escape mechanism or was it truly because they knew what they had in them and they wanted what they truely wished and they were lucky to attain moksha through their karma...I bet they did...how would it be if I become one like them? :) Wow...another dream...Every bold step taken towards doing something unconventional has always had people criticize you. That is because you are stepping away from being ordinary. How many of them come out successful? I think most of them do.

If one purvi kalyani can trigger so many thoughts and desires in me, what do you think all the ragas do to me...? God definitely knows...:)

I think I need some sleep now.

Good night.

8 comments:

Adiya said...

Midnightilla en indha anandhamay
Purvi Kalyaniyila adudhu un manamay..

ragaingalooo.. thalaingalooo
nee padainal...:)

Chillax Chiro

Chiroti said...

which song is this? :)

chilling out only...:)

Adiya said...

find.. :) u like this song once upon a time.. we dicussed this song also quite a lot..

easy guess for tamilans. and for u spl clue.. singer is P.Jayachandran.

Chiroti said...

is it...:) my memory is fading out...with so much music loaded in my head...needs some reloading...:)

Aparna said...

Which song is this?

Adiya said...

Movie: Vaitheki Kaithirunthal
( Vaitheki is Waiting )
Song: Enraikku Enn Intha Aananthame
Singer: P.Jayachandran, Vanijayarm
Composer: IR

Sathej said...

Purvikalyani-it is really very good!I am reminded of Lalgudi Mama's touching rendition of Meenakshi Memudham.Oh!Soulful.
Sathej

Chiroti said...

Sathej,

Yes, that is a beautiful krithi. I am now taken back to my childhood, when I used to watch my sister perform for this song...:) beautiful...