Monday, May 14, 2007

MSS celebrated friendship in her old age by cutting cake!

Here is a very cute event from MS Amma's life, found this somewhere while browsing:

Apart from music, M. S. is known for her many good qualities. The late Sri K. S. Mahadevan (KSM), a music critic, wrote in his book about how M. S. valued friendship.

To celebrate 50 years of friendship with KSM's wife, M. S. and her husband T. Sadasivam had ordered for a cake with inscription 'Kunjamma and Chinnani - 50 years of friendship'. The baker erroneously wrote '60' instead of '50' - that was a different story. But Kunjamma (M. S., as she was affectionately called in her family) maintained the friendship till her last days.

Now isn't the so sweet? With whom will I celebrate this kind of friendship in my old age? Just wondering....:)

4 comments:

Aparna said...

That's nice :)

Adiya said...

:) Count me In for that. :) oru super cake kodukuran.. :) halwa illa :)

M.S.S has lot of things ... check out the book i gave you.. :)

splly when my house had 144 on coffee/teas and serve only Sukku coffee. I literally hate that.. later got the medicinal value, MSS fragrance around that just made me crazy :) even though I am strong filter coffee person.

Adiya said...

hey align u archives some where left or right side of the blogger template. its sitting some where down of the page. :)

Chiroti said...

adiya,
:) 50 years wait for a cake..:( haha!

yes, ofcourse, that book is like my daily doze routine.

same pinch, i love strong filter coffee with less sugar :) esp. the one meera aunty makes. before beginning class, i would rush to her kitchen and have one cup of coffee and start singing...:) superb days...

hey my old archive, i put them down knowingly. :) okay let me try re-arranging them.