Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Love Birds in my house

My little kitchen has an opening for exhaust fan, yet to be installed :) However, it is currently the lovers joint for two pigeons that always sit there together. Initially I loved watching them. Although at times I used to find all the jars fallen on the shelf coz of these love birds flying in and out of kitchen, I thought its okay...But guess what! Yesterday I went back home after work and at the door itself while entering the house, I could hear water flowing out from a tap. I rushed inside thinking that there's something bad that has happened. I ran inside and saw that the kitchen tap was open and water was flowing out nonstop. The water filter was tilted on it, probably that was due to wind I thought. While I closed the tap and as usual trying to keep the jars in place (assuming that the love birds would have come in again), suddenly something popped from behind that jars and just flew past my head! I screamed in horror like as if some murderer came to attack me! I was so petrified and numb for a few minutes, my eyes filled with tears not knowing what to do I just stood there to see that one pigeon that was sitting inside the kitchen just flew out. I cooled down a bit and I was so angry at them.

I slowly got back to arranging the jars while I found something white behind a masala dabba, guess what, it was an EGG!!! A pigeon's EGG!!! I was astonished! I was happy. The birds kept looking inside the kitchen from the exhaust outlet like as if they were so helpless. I felt so much for the mother pigeon and then I thought let me wait and see what they will do. I just turned off the light and quietly stood behind the wall and watched. Slowly the mother pigeon entered the kitchen and tried to move the egg, while the father pigeon kept a watch at the door. Its amazing to see the behaviour of birds, so human like. Then the pigeon could not carry the egg and it still lies in the kitchen. They waited at the exhaust till it became dawn and flew away. I have left the kitchen open so they can take away the egg today and will close the outlet in the evening.

That's the story of love birds in my kitchen!!! :)

2 comments:

Adiya said...

hey i drafted a similar post like this. not exactly but some where related to this. too much.. mm

even my bangalore house when i was staying i rented my house morning hours to few piegons. They cooling come inside the kitchen ( sometimes to the hall also ). go here and there and execute all drama :)

when i open the house i could hear the shuttering rhythm saying thanks for accomdation c u tomorrow kind . :)

similarly my srirangam house had attire quite often we can get kittens freely,.. :) so scary to climb top to remove that. :)

nice

Chiroti said...

hahahah!!!scary to climb on top...:)

so you had also planned for a similar post eh...now i have the copyrights! ;) its patented now...so be careful before you post yours...:)

by the way, the egg cracked..:( may be because i touched it...they say we should not touch kutti birds and also eggs, they will die...:( poor pigeons...and now we have closed that space also...exhaust fan runs in my kitchen...:( i felt so bad. :( :( :(