Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Ways to compensate

Is this the only time of the year that I feel happy? I wonder...

When I look forward to going back home, I try to find reasons why I feel so happy and there are many. I feel closer to myself. I feel extremely happy about being just me. But why so...what is wrong with the way I am today, I wonder again. At the moment, I am only a part of me, but the complete me is when I am at home.

For me, the biggest change in life was when I left my home, my parents and family. Although most people say that women get used to the fact that they are now somebody's wife, or daughter-in-law, or sister-in-law, ....I still feel that it the biggest void that one cannot fill in life. Whenever I see my husband being so happy with his siblings, his parents, I feel happy for him. I feel happy to be a part of his family. But I so badly miss my family. After so many years of marriage, I still have this one complaint about marriage. There's nothing to fill the void of missing your family, there's no love to compensate the love you get from your parents.

Probably, that's the reason God gave woman the power to give birth - to compensate what he takes away. May be that's the only way God decided to compensate love in a woman's life by giving her the power to deliver a life, to be a mother. When I will be one?

2 comments:

Adiya said...

Chiro back with a big rant. you can model void with some good agendas and meeting, get-together etc etc.

Praveen said...

May be you wont miss them that much if you move back to Bengaluru :)