Monday, April 16, 2007

What turns me on?

The three notes sa pa sa' that emerge like magic when I run my fingers on the strings of the thamboori.

What does it do?
Allows me to identify my inner self instantly, imbibes seriousness and devotion (bhakthi) towards an unknown power, calms me down immediately, makes me think, makes me feel positive, works like magic on me!

I am sure it happens to a lot of people who know music and who respect and love music. The power of music is amazing.

Thanks to my Amma for all her efforts and patience to identify my interest at an early age and giving me the love of my life, thanks to Meera aunty for her belief in me that I could sing, and all her support so far which I know for sure no other music teacher would have had putting up with all my tantrums, thanks to Paramasivam sir for those encouraging words when I used to learn from him, and thanks to Memoirs for re-loading the magic on me and for tolerating me always.

I hope I never let these people down ever.

6 comments:

Adiya said...

:) Carnatic Chills :)

Aparna said...

The power of music is indeed amazing. It works like magic for me too! :)

Chiroti said...

adiya,
:) haha!

aparna,
that's cool! to be more specific, i guess the magic of ARR's music has a higher impact on you! ;)

Aparna said...

chiroti,
It's not like that! As far as I am concerned, there are only two kinds of music that means a lot to me. One is of course ARR's and the other is Carnatic, Both mean the same. If it's ARR's music 2day, it may be Carnatic tomorrow. It all depends on my mood that's it. :)

Chiroti said...

O i c! :)

Karthik Raghavan said...

Doesn't it give you an even better high when you sing EXACTLY in harmony to the shruti? :)

I wasn't trained in carnatic since childhood.. I was always passionate about music, but developed a huge interest in carnatic only last year. I've started learning violin :) I'll borrow a shruti box, switch it on and simply keep playing sa-pa-sa. Aaaaahhh :)