Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cooking with MSS

Last night I did a wonderful thing (which I realized after doing :)) - turning on MSS melodies on my ipod while cooking! As the krithis proceded one after the other, I felt so ecstatic and I cooked with complete energy, passion, like as if I was high on music. Cooking never felt so good - as much as listening to krithis - identifying raagas in between - adding chilli powder to the dish - linking similar ragas - forming swara combinations - singing loudly - probably even cooking loudly since I could not hear the sounds of the vessels or plates or anything except MSS's voice - imitating some aavarthas - imagining MSS's dedication - adding salt to the dish - tasting the dish - evoking Rama in between - was fantastic! Try it.

To quote once again - there's no life without music. There's so much to hear!

2 comments:

Adiya said...

ha ha ha too much.

so if i come there i will get
kalyani rasam
abheri kuttu
shankarbanam sambar
reetigowla soppu saga
abhogi porial
sree pickel
nattai papad
andhabhairavi sweets

is it :)

Chiroti said...

hahhahahah!!! yes, you will get in simple terms - Raagamaalika - Saapaadumaalika...- yenna samayalo song types! good weekend. bye!